What’s the difference between a sales manager and a coach? Managers focus on current state, but coaches focus on future state, helping people reach potential they didn’t realize they had.
Jim Ryan, former Denver Broncos player and NFL assistant coach and current speaker, training facilitator, and sales coach at Integrity Solutions, joins the show to share how to shift your mindset from sales manager to coach.
We discuss how to make the leap from individual contributor to sales leader, and how to excel once you’re there. Jim shares how to untie mental knots, build confidence, and set “little-picture” goals for big-picture success.
In this Mental Selling episode, you’ll learn:
- How to overcome negative self-talk and build lasting confidence
- Why consistent preparation will make or break your success in sales
- How to shift from a managing mindset to a coaching mindset
What to listen for:
- [01:30] The parallels between sports and sales
- [05:30] Adapting to the unexpected
- [07:00] The importance of preparation
- [10:30] Transitioning from salesperson to sales leader
- [16:00] Coaching versus managing your team
- [18:45] Overcoming negative self-talk
- [20:30] Building confidence with deliberate discomfort
- [25:30] Setting “little-picture” goals
- [28:00] Developing a customer-centric mindset
- [31:30] Creating a receptive coaching environment
- [36:00] Coaching your people to their potential
Join us on this latest episode of Mental Selling to hear Jim and Will discuss what it takes to become the sales leader your team wants and needs in order to thrive. Check out the full episode! 🎧
Raise your Mental Selling acumen with us by following us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts SoundCloud, Amazon, iHeartRadio, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts. Please rate our show or leave a comment— we value YOUR feedback! FeedSpot has also included us as one of the top 30 best sales podcasts to follow.