Ep 057 Aligning Passions, Values & Skills for Sales Success
The road to success in sales is paved with passion and purpose. Understanding your personal wiring as well as your customers’ leads to measurable results.
Most people understand this concept on a surface level but have a hard time being introspective enough to actually connect their passion with their work.
Alaina Love, speaker, consultant, and CEO of Purpose Linked Consulting, shares actionable advice for aligning your passion and purpose with your work for optimized sales performance. She explains how authenticity and reflection allow you to build trust with your customers and teammates, and shares how to use the ten passion archetypes to foster lasting relationships.
In this Mental Selling episode, you’ll learn:
- How to align your passions, values, and skills for sales success
- How to implement reflective practices in your day-to-day
- How to leverage passion profiles to build trust with customers
What to listen for:
- [01:30] How passion and purpose impact sales
- [08:00] Leveraging the ten passion archetypes to improve outcomes
- [15:00] Authenticity in sales
- [17:00] Developing the habit of reflection
- [23:00] Reconciling gaps between your purpose and daily responsibilities
- [25:00] Aligning your skills, passions, and values
- [31:00] Creating your passion-linked action plan
- [37:00] Leveraging your team members’ passions
Understanding your purpose and passion not only provides personal fulfillment, but it also enables elevated sales success. 📈
Hear more from Alaina as she explains that awareness of your passions informs how you interact with customers and teammates, leading to improved sales performance. 🎧
Additional Resources From This Episode:
- Follow Alaina on LinkedIn and on Twitter
- Purpose Linked Consulting website
- Read Alaina’s book: The Purpose Linked Organization; and keep an eye out for Alaina’s upcoming book: Permission to Be
Raise your Mental Selling acumen with us by following us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts SoundCloud, Amazon, GoodPods, iHeartRadio, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts. Please rate our show or leave a comment— we value YOUR feedback!
SalesHacker and FeedSpot have each also named us as one of the best sales podcasts.