Sales is an emotional roller coaster. It comes with high highs and low lows, rejection, triumphs, and everything in between. Success in sales requires the ability to focus on what you can control in the midst of everything you can’t.
Mary Browning is one of those resilient people. She’s an experienced sales leader who’s passionate about empowering others and believes she’s only as good as the team she leads. She’s currently VP of Sales at StarLifter, and she’s dedicated to helping more women earn roles in sales management.
In this Mental Selling conversation, Mary emphasizes the importance of curiosity and resilience in sales and shares her perspective on how to handle difficult situations. She shares how salespeople can learn from both wins and losses, and how to maintain a curious attitude when faced with tough decisions in the industry. She also discusses sales from the perspective of a leader, sharing how to build strong relationships and effectively coach team members to create a healthy, successful culture.
In this Mental Selling episode, you’ll learn:
- Strategies for building greater resilience as a salesperson
- What buyers crave most from their interactions with salespeople
- Advice for how sales leaders can coach and empower their teams more effectively
What to listen for:
- [02:00] Developing resilience as a salesperson
- [10:45] The power of educating buyers
- [14:00] Leading a sales team well
- [21:30] Driving more sales through genuine curiosity
- [25:00] Coaching with intentionality
- [29:00] Empowering women in sales and sales leadership
Sales is an emotional roller coaster. 🎢 It comes with high highs and low lows, rejection, triumphs, and everything in between. Success requires the ability to focus on what you can control in the midst of everything you can’t.
Develop greater resilience in sales. Get more of Mary’s advice for navigating the uncertainties of sales, learning from failure and focusing on what you can control in this latest episode of Mental Selling. 🎧
Additional Resources From This Episode:
Raise your Mental Selling acumen with us by following us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts SoundCloud, Amazon, GoodPods, iHeartRadio or wherever you get your podcasts. Please rate our show or leave a comment— we value YOUR feedback!