Whether you’re beginning a new position in sales or gearing up for 2023 in the same role you’ve been in, there’s something special about starting a new year. The problem is, without proper attention to goal setting we let that excitement fade and rarely reflect on or follow through on the sales action plan we set for ourselves.
Mike Fisher, master facilitator for Integrity Solutions and Chief Sales Officer at Sales Bullpen, returns to the show to give us a boost in motivation along with a method for sticking to our sales goals all year long. He reminds us of the power of taking ownership of our performance, making strategic plans for sales initiatives, and keeping goals top-of-mind.
Ready to make 2023 your best year yet? Press play below.
In this Mental Selling episode, you’ll learn:
- The importance of having a “why” behind your goals
- How to build your confidence with a clear sales action plan
- How to help your team hit their goals without micromanaging
What to listen for:
- [01:30] Activating the goal-seeking mechanism of your brain
- [07:00] Filtering out noise to prioritize what matters
- [11:30] Identifying the “why” behind your goals
- [16:00] Anticipating obstacles to hitting your goal
- [18:00] Focusing on your goal, not your circumstances
- [22:00] Building confidence with a strategic plan
- [24:30] Remembering fundamental skills
- [26:30] Enabling your team to set their own goals
- [29:00] Making your goals visible
- [34:00] Casting mental votes for the person you want to become
- [38:30] Overcoming fear
- [40:00] Planning for tomorrow
- [42:30] Holding your team accountable for their goals
Join us on this latest episode of Mental Selling to hear Mike’s advice for a boost of motivation along with practical steps to put your goals into action. Check out the full episode! 🎧
Additional Resources From This Episode:
- Connect with Mike on LinkedIn
- Hear our previous discussions with Mike:
Raise your Mental Selling acumen with us by following us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts SoundCloud, Amazon, GoodPods, iHeartRadio, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts. Please rate our show or leave a comment— we value YOUR feedback! FeedSpot has also included us as one of the top 30 best sales podcasts to follow.