In this Mental Selling episode, you’ll learn:
- How to cultivate a winning mindset
- How (and why) to advocate for yourself as a salesperson
- How to coach salespeople instead of just manage
What to listen for:
- [01:45] Why happiness and fulfillment matter in sales
- [05:30] Mastering the mental game of selling
- [11:30] Why salespeople don’t reach their potential
- [14:15] What sets elite performers apart from others
- [17:00] Why salespeople don’t take responsibility for their results
- [19:30] Traits of great coaches
- [26:00] Tailoring coaching to the personality
- [34:00] Improving your self-concept
When a team member’s performance is struggling, how do you help them get out of the rut? Alan shares three areas to examine:
- Beliefs – What do they fundamentally believe? Are they emotionally ready to act on their beliefs?
- Skill level – Do they need help leveling-up their skills? Have they been properly trained for success?
- Support – What kind of support is missing from their environment, teammates, and leaders?
Alan urges sales leaders to take responsibility for their teams’ performance and dig into the areas above to make lasting improvements..
For more insights on how happiness fuels sales success and the importance of coaching high-performing sales teams, listen to Will’s conversation with Alan.
Additional Resources From This Episode:
- Follow Alan on LinkedIn and on Twitter
- Alan’s website and blog
- Alan’s book: Seven Secrets to Enlightened Happiness
Raise your Mental Selling acumen with us by following us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts SoundCloud, Amazon, GoodPods, iHeartRadio or wherever you get your podcasts. Please rate our show or leave a comment— we value YOUR feedback!